The Miami G.R.O.W. Project was created:
* To be a platform to explore the possibilities and effects of urban farming.
* To identify urban dead spaces and turn them into viable farmland to grow edibles and to educate the community.
* To create hands-on workshops for school children, teaching them about how food is grown and its relation to wellness and nutrition.
* To be involved with community outreach programs by providing on the job training for special needs and at risk
individuals, thus creating jobs for the community.
* To set an example of ways to beautify an urban industrial setting while growing food.
Before G.R.O.W. :-(
After G.R.O.W.!!! :-)
Gulliver Academy students sniff and taste, then try to identify different herb varieties. For many students who visit G.R.O.W., this will the first time they've had a living edible plant experience.